#GGTBT 2006

08-16-2018

In 2006 Galesi Group began to reconstruct 409 State St. when discovering a one-worded message across the building’s face, “Metropolitan.” The former D&K Dollar store had a historic past and was home to a local Metropolitan Chain Store during the 1930s. By 1950 it was a H.L. Green Co. five-and-dime store, and in the 1960s it became a Lerner Shops store. Galesi invested $3.2 million to turn the vacant building into what is now known as The Metropolitan Apartments. #GGTBT